Day 6: Calling for a redo

I.

Am.

Pooped.

Today was not a good travel day. Every decision I made was the wrong choice. First, I clearly misread the map when planning and picked waaaay too long a route. And then I went the wrong way. And then I went down a 30km dirt road. And on top of all that, my cold is making my head pound.

Sigh. So basically, today I drove and drove.

There were some good views, including getting way closer to Mount Ruapehu (the view was stunning) and getting dangerously close to Mount Doom - but I never managed to get a safe spot to pull over without traffic.

I know, I know, I'm on a wonderful holiday, what do I have to complain about? Nothing at all. But the point is that not all travelling days are great days, and for now I'm happy to be settled in the for the night somewhere with wifi. Cause I think an episode of TV is about all I can muster the brainpower for.

Good night!


Nestled between Mount Ruapehu and Mount Doom, I mean, Mount Ngaurhoe.






Animal sightings:
  • Cows
  • several New Zealand falcons (I believe)
  • turkeys

Today's Playlist:
  • Stuff You Should Know: How Personal Rapid Transport Works
  • Do Go On #13: Queen Elizabeth II
  • Stuff You Should Know: Can I Survive a Shark Attack by Gouging Out Its Eyes?
  • Do Go On #14: The Spice Girls
  • Do Go On #15: Curse of the Pharoahs
  • Stuff You Should Know: Are Dogs a Shark's Favourite Meal?
  • Do Go On #16: Lefthanded-ness
  • Do Go On #18: Tattoos
  • Stuff You Should Know: Exactly what happens if we run out of water?
  • Do Go On #19: Bonnie and Clyde

Daily Stats:
Kilometres travelled: 504km (1061 in total)






8 comments:

  1. Awe sorry today was a bad day :( get plenty of rest tonight and try again tomorrow. On the up side your photos are amazing :) Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that really mount doom?
    look after yourself baby girl. Doctors or cold and Flu tablets tomorrow if you don't improve. That's what happens when you swim as often as you do. :) Love you xxx Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did CJ Cregg give you the map with the Gall-Peters Projection?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you’re honest about the ups & downs. Sure traveling OS is amazing but it’s not always a bed of roses. You take care my lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry - there was a typo! Some of our bad weather days felt like this... what’s that annoying perky saying? You can’t have a rainbow without the rain!

      Delete