Library Outing

Alex and I braved the heat and set out to the library today. I coaxed him with the promise of photography magazines and he crumbled.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

We managed to get a parking spot in the very front row, right under a shady tree – virtually unheard of for a Saturday morning! There were still plenty of people around, however, enjoying the library’s air conditioning no doubt.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I went in with a plan. Return books. Reborrow the one I hadn’t finished. Pick up the two books I wanted. Don’t look at the other books. Don’t pass go. Don’t pick up $200.

That so didn’t work.

With Alex off looking at the photography section I had far too much time on my hands. I sat down, desperately clutching the three books I was leaving with. JUST THREE! I didn’t move – I wasn’t going to move. And then a book caught my eye. And then just one more. And then…

Well.

I left with a small pile. And yes, I do stand by that ‘small’.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

And of course, no Alex-and-I outing would be complete without a photo here or there.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

No comments:

Post a Comment