WiP Wednesday

wip wednesday

We recently received news that the daughter of one of my mother’s best friends is having a baby – very happy news! Last night, mum came in and, quite enthusiastically, said “We should make something for Katherine’s baby.”

I just looked at her and waited. Finally I had to prompt her, “…we?”

“Yes,” she said. “I had the idea, now you make it.” Well it’s kind of hard to argue with that kind of frankness.

In light of my already crazy wip list, I decided to go for a simple patchwork cot quilt. Since we don’t know if it’s a girl or a boy, I tried to go with pastels, but soon learnt that I don’t have a whole lot of pastel in my stash. In fact, I have a whole heap of blue, a whole heap of pink and very little in the way of green or yellow. I think I made it work, however. What do you think?

DSCF5151

It’s all from my stash except for the lime dots that I picked up from Spotlight this morning for the backing.

DSCF5160

So this is my WiP for this week – completed photos to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment