I’m a terrible crafting cousin

A while ago, when it was really cold, Hannah came by wearing a scarf I had made her quite some time ago. It was literally on its last threads and she requested a new, school-friendly one. I was more than happy to do it because I love keeping Hannah in little crafty things. Unfortunately, I tend to be a little on the slow side, which is why I’m a terrible crafting cousin: I finished her new scarf just in time for spring.

 

20090917 Hannah's School Scarf (1)

It’s a basic vanilla scarf – stockinette with a garter stitch edging – in a solid navy. I didn’t want it to be too fancy, so it would be acceptable for school.

But I didn’t want it to be too sensible, cause she’s still a little girl, so I stitched on a two iron-on patches to brighten it up a little.

 

20090917 Hannah's School Scarf (2)

20090917 Hannah's School Scarf (4)

 

And because everything looks better with a bow: the ‘wrapped’ scarf, resting on the baby blanket I’m working on.

 

20090917 Hannah's School Scarf (5)

No comments:

Post a Comment