A Birthday Request

I decided a while ago that I was going to make an effort to give handmade gifts more often – at least, when appropriate; not everyone is the crafty-gift time. But then I realised that – sheesh! – there are a lot of birthdays this time of year!

Anyways, I had another birthday sneak up on me this week, and I asked started thinking what I would make David… he’s a new-ish friend so I was a little unsure. But then I remembered a conversation we’d had a few weeks ago and – voila! I knew exactly what to make him…

harry (awww! Look how cute little bubba-Harry is!)

Harry Potter.

Nah, just kidding. He is lacking a Harry Potter scarf, and so that is what he is getting. Well, actually, since his birthday was on Tuesday what he actually got was a card with some strands of wool knotted inside, but he got the idea.

P9100020

I see David on a Thursday night when I go have dinner with Brett, so (since it’s an easy one) I’ll take it with me he can watch the progression of his scarf.

On a bit of a side note: I think I’m suffering from a pattern-aversion, I keep seeking out things that don’t require patterns…

No comments:

Post a Comment