Heartland Lace Shawl

I mentioned yesterday that I was working on a lace shawl, but I haven’t shown it here yet.

A couple months back I bought a bag of wool on sale at Spotlight (10 balls for $10), mainly because I just loved the colour. I tend to think of colours in relation to my mother’s paints (if only I had any skill with a paintbrush I’d be all set!), and this shade of French Blue is both my mother’s and mine favourite.

DSCF4971

Moda Vera Bamboo/Cotton; Colour No: 7
50% Bamboo / 50% Cotton

I’ve had my heart on knitting a fine lace shawl for a while now but, to be honest, have been far too scared to work on something so tiny – I’m getting there.

I thought this it would make a nice heavy drape and so I picked a more solid lace pattern. Fingers crossed it should be a nice winter shawl. I’ve not used a bamboo/cotton blend before, though, and am surprised by how bouncy it is. I’m hoping that it will be less so once blocking (and finished, of course).

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

20090825 (1)

Pattern: Heartland Lace Shawl

No comments:

Post a Comment