30 Days of Indie Travel {Day 4-6}



I'm playing a bit of catch up with the weekends prompts so forgive me as I go out of order a little.



Day 5: KINDNESS
One of the greatest joys of travel can be the random acts of kindness you'll receive from total strangers. Have you ever found kindness from strangers in unexpected places?


I have found (for me) that the kindest people to run into while traveling are retired couples. The few times I floundered on my road trip this year it was an older couple who came to my rescue.

When I had no idea how to change the gas on my stove for my campervan it was the caravanning couple in the next plot who helped me out and then chatted to me while we both cooked our dinners. Then when I went to the Butterfly House I ran into a nice couple while exploring who invited me to have tea in the cafe with them.




Day 4: MISTAKES
Everyone makes mistakes. We forget to ask for Coke without ice in Mexico and spend the rest of the trip in the bathroom. Or we arrive at the airport for a 7pm flight only to realise the flight left at 7am. Tell us the story of your worst travel mistake.


Day 6: FEAR
Just as travel can be fun and exciting, it can also have its challenging, or even downright scary moments. Being in a new place pushes us out of our comfort zone and makes us face our fears. Tell about a time you had to face your fear when traveling, and what was the result.


For me, the answer to both of these is the same. Did I ever tell you the story about running out of petrol...

No comments:

Post a Comment