Honey Cowl

I kind of took the wind out of my knitting sales with my last post, undermining my own sense of progress, but I still have two projects to happily report as finished so I shall enjoy those.

Honey Cowl



Pattern: Honey Cowl by Antonia Shankland
Materials: madeline tosh dk; 100% merino
Amount: 1 skein in Golden Hickory; Approx. 205m/100g
Needles: US 8/5 mm Knit Pro Symfonie
Dimensions: Approximately 30cm in width and 55cm in length, unblocked
Start Date: 1 June 2014
Finish Date: 26 June 2014


I'm a huge fan of madeline tosh yarn. I love the colours, I love the texture, but most of all, I just love how squishy it feels! I've used it a few times now, and I've never regretted it for one moment. This pattern, the honey cowl, is likewise a favourite of mine. I knitted the longer version of this cowl last year, again in madeline tosh (two skeins, in Vermillion).



(model: ren22a, image: smasharazzi)


It's an excellent on-the-go knit, with a quickly memorised four row pattern. Because of this it became my work knitting and was completed in brief snatches around the lunch table. It seriously knits up so quickly, with such a smooth feeling pattern that I could happily knit this pattern over and over again (so be warned, everyone in existence may be getting this for Christmas).



Honey Cowl


Speaking of Christmas, this one is sitting here on the cusp of being Christmas-gifted. I didn't start it with any one particular person in mind and now that it's knitted up I rather like it. So for right now it's sitting safely on my bookshelf - not in the Christmas gift box, nor in with my own scarves. I shall just have to see if anyone lays claim to it before I cave and start wearing it.


Honey Cowl

No comments:

Post a Comment