PC 002 Asparagus and Zucchini Rice



I wasn't overly excited about this recipe when I picked it out. I figured it would be fine, but I was certainly looking to pair it with something more exciting. But no! It was delicious and I happily ate my bowl on its own and wished I had more.


Difficulty: 1.5/5
I was actually very impressed with how easy this was given the faux-risotto end result. If I ever felt a yen for risotto, I would quite happily sub this in and scrap all the extra work. I added the half-point purely for pots used.


Ingredients: 4/5
Extremely accessible ingredients that worked together very well. Rice and stock are always in the pantry, and I was able to grab a handful of parsley from the garden. I docked a point for my own inexperience with asparagus (I had no idea how to cook it, which turned out to be a non-issue) and then I bought the wrong cheese - which turned out to be delicious all the same!




Flavour: 4/5
Yes. Please. More rice needed. It wasn't an intense flavour but I thought it was delicious. I'm always a fan of zucchini and you can't go wrong with a cheesy undertone.


Repeatability: 5/5
This is 100% going to be repeated. It was fairly low effort for a very pleasing result. I can see it being served as a side dish if you have some people over, but I can't see myself going past curling up with a hearty bowl of this ricey goodness.



No comments:

Post a Comment