A Comic Afternoon

One of the things I like best about being a teacher is that I share a staff room with a large amount of nerdy people. And being an English teacher means that book recommendations are easily come by. While visiting a friend from work, Denise, she retrieved a book from her shelves telling me how much she enjoyed it and that I must read it. Always happy for a book to read (and entering the holidays with lots of reading time making it all the better) I tucked it under my arm to take home.

However it seems that Denise is a little like me when it comes to book recommendations – like me she gets a little excited when people are happy to receive suggestions. I left her house with 13 graphic novels in my possession and the promise of more when I was done.

I’ve been a little busy this holidays after all and haven’t had the chance to sit down and truly enjoy them. But today is a cold rainy day and I’m thinking that I shall settle down for the afternoon with a cup of tea and a collection of comics. What do you think?

 

  • Blue Monday, Vol 2: Absolute Beginners - Chynna Clugston-Major
  • Blue Monday, Vol 3: Inbetween Days - Chynna Clugston-Major
  • Blue Monday, Vol 4: Painted Moon - Chynna Clugston-Major
  • 9-11: Artists Respond, Vol. 1 - Will Eisner
  • 9-11: Artists Respond, Vol. 2 - Will Eisner
  • 9-11: Emergency Relief - Will Eisner
  • Y: The Last Man, Vol 1: Unmanned - Brian K. Vaughan, Pia Guerra, José Marzán, Jr.
  • Y: The Last Man, Vol 2: Cycles- Brian K. Vaughan, Pia Guerra, José Marzán, Jr.
  • Y: The Last Man, Vol 3: One Small Step - Brian K. Vaughan, Pia Guerra, José Marzán, Jr., Paul Chadwick
  • Kingdom Come - Mark Ward and Alex Ross’
  • Wolverine: Origin - Paul Jenkins
  • Superman/Batman: Absolute Power - Jeph Loeb, Carlos Pacheco, José Merino
  • Superman/Batman: Supergirl - Jeph Loeb, Michael Turner, Peter Steigerwald

No comments:

Post a Comment