Skate Park

One of the things I love best about sporting a larger more professional camera when out and about is the assumption people make that you’re someone important. When I walked around taking odd photos with my little point and shoot, I was just that weird girl taking photos of trees and people’s shoes.

Now, however, I’m apparently someone important – and people have no problem approaching me to ask. So far in the two and half months since I’ve had Athena I’ve been a professional photographer, a reporter, a council worker, someone affiliated with the police, a landscaper and an architect. Everyone someone makes one of these assumptions I briefly consider playing along… but always chicken out at the last minute.

The last time this happened was at a local skate park. The kids there had it in their heads that I was someone apparently high up enough in the council to get their park extended. Despite my claims to the contrary they all told me why this would be a good idea and even considered starting a petition.

Photo outings are far more fun these days.

----

Jamison Skate Park Jamison Skate Park (2) Jamison Skate Park (5) Jamison Skate Park (6) Jamison Skate Park (8)

1 comment:

  1. The thing I loved about the skate park is the kids don't really care that you're there. They just want to skate. I went on a weekday after lunch - meaning school was in session. But something like 20 kids were playing hooky. It was neat, my photos weren't stellar, but I do want to go again.

    ReplyDelete