Lacy Baktus

Lacy Baktus


Pattern: Lacy Baktus by Terhi Montonen
Materials: Schoppel-Wolle Crazy Zauberball; 75% wool  |  25% nylon
Amount: 1 skein in Lilac Breeze; Approx. 419m/100g
Needles: US 3/3.25 mm
Start Date: 27 June 2014
Finish Date: 2 July 2014


Nothing like a road trip and some nice cosy down time with friends to shoot through a quick shawl in a week! A couple hours in the car, a high percentage of garter stitch, and no work in the morning; it's rare that all those elements line up so well, but I'll enjoy it when they do.


Lilac Breeze 


I bought two zauberballs (this one in the Lilac Breeze colourway, and another in Little Fox) on a whim quite some time ago and, during some stash diving last week, they resurfaced and made their way to my coffee table. Just in time for this month's School Librarian Knitting Group meet up and it was pretty well claimed by my friend Jenny. It was pointed out to me that it was, after all, in her colour, and who could argue with that?


Lacy Baktus

Lacy Baktus


I was surprised by the colour transition when I knitted it up, which, I suppose, is the fun of a variegated yarn. I had expected it to be darker with far less white woven through, but now that it's done, I rather like the effect and think that Jenny will make it work well. Now the real question will be whether she lets it sit in my house until Christmas or if she shall be knocking on my door before school starts back.


Lacy Baktus

No comments:

Post a Comment