30 Days of Indie Travel {Day 1}









I’ve been doing a lot of reading and planning for my trip lately, and one of the best things I’ve stumbled over is the BootsnAll newsletter that I signed up for. Every day I get an email about a destination, or theme, or random travel trip. I never know what’s going to arrive in my inbox and I usually read it before I even get out of bed in the morning - best way to start the day, even if I do then have to go to work instead of whatever beautiful location has just been described.

This month, BootsnAll is playing host to a 30 day challenge. I usually fail miserably at these things, but hey, why not, I’ll give it a shot.




Day 1: GOALS
What were your travel goals last year? Did you accomplish them? What travel goals do you hope to accomplish this year?

It’s close enough to the end of the year that I’m going to consider 2011 as ‘last year’. I can’t say that I had any clear travel ‘goals’ for 2011 beyond starting serious planning on my backpacking trip (2013 is getting very close, very soon).

While I don’t have any concrete plans to show for my year, I did a lot of reading this past year so I guess I can say that I did accomplish my goal for 2011. Plus I managed to slip in a little travel throughout the year (Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne) so it sounds good to me.

Travel goals for 2012? Save save save save for the trip. Did I mention save? Seriously though, I do have a few other goals, but they all come back to my trip. I want to learn how to drive a manual car. I want to figure out how RTW tickets and rail passes really work. I want to pick a backpack that isn't going to kill me. Yes, I'm a big travel newbie.

No comments:

Post a Comment